Friday, August 3, 2012

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Holy internet, Batman!  Well we're slowly making our way towards the current century.  The air conditioning is being installed as I type, and the cable guy already finished his job!  Next on the list is getting the stove working and making sure the kitchen sink is usable.

I've been taking pictures with my phone, but the only way to get them on here is via my computer which is currently unavailable due to some dog that lives with us who has an uncontrollable desire to chew on my charger cords.  Anyway, the yard is full of long silver tubes for the a/c, and people are trooping around in the attic (a job I DO not envy).  Whether we get to use the air today is in question.  The electrician may or may not show up today to hook up everything to the panel box, but if he does, we'll be sitting pretty in a nicely cooled house.  At least, if nothing else, we have a little bit of entertainment by way of internet and t.v., although I must admit, I wasn't too bent out of shape about not having it....

Just got an update from Jared.  Apparently the a/c guys are running the electricity to the panel themselves, so we can put our window unit a/c out of its misery.  It's been running non stop since we put it in, and I think that it's starting to get tired.  Only a few more hours, little guy!

Other than that, I've got to work close for the next four days, which means I'll be getting back home at around eleven-thirty at night.  Just when I was hoping I wouldn't have to close due to the new half hour drive I have now, I get scheduled exactly that.  Oh well, I guess it's Murphy's law.

I'll keep you posted,

Sarah

2 comments: